Tasty Treats for the U.S. Thanksgiving!
We the North, have already already celebrated our Canadian Thanksgiving holiday back in October. But our friends to the south will be celebrating their Thanksgiving tomorrow. There’s no better time to enjoy some great eats from the number one hunted big game in North America. Maybe you have already harvested a deer for the freezer. Maybe your friends are sharing their bounty. You need to try this recipe from Susan Kane-Doyle, it is delicious!
- presoak wooden skewers for 30 minutes
- remove all meat and shellfish from marinades
- choose small vegetables that are quick to cook, like red & green peppers, onions, mushroom camps and cherry tomatoes
- assemble kabobs by sliding an assortment of vegetables, venison and seafood onto the sticks. Be sure to leave a space between each item for the heat to penetrate
- place sticks on a preheated grill at the same time
- turn the sticks often to prevent sticking and burning
- use the shrimp to judge; once it turns pink and is cooked through, check the venison is done to your likeing
- remove from grill and let cool
- serve with creamy horseradish or tzatziki sauce if desirted.
Ingredients (12 kabobs)
- 2lbs venison steak, roast or chops cubed into 1″ pieces
- 12-18 scallops
- 12-18 raw shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 2 cups of assorted vegetables
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
Mix marinade ingredients in a large zip-lock bag then and venison. Shake and store in refridgerator for 2-24hrs shaking each time you open the fridge.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
Mix marinade ingredients ina zip-lock bag, then add scallops and shrimp. Refridgerate for 30 minutes
Bon Apetit and have a Happy Thanksgiving!